MaaS360 Mobile Application Management
Simply deploy, manage and secure mobile apps
Provide protected access to apps
Smartphones and tablets are transforming businesses by increasing productivity, improving efficiencies and enhancing customer satisfaction. However, the proliferation of mobile devices can’t be left unchecked without securing sensitive enterprise data, especially in this bring your own device (BYOD) era.
It’s no longer just about controlling email and managing devices. Mobile apps are unleashing the true potential of mobile devices.
However, mobile apps are increasingly sources of corporate security vulnerabilities due to poor data storage practices, malware, unauthorized access, lack of encryption, and data leaks from synching.
There are over a million distinct mobile apps available for your employees to install and use on their smartphones and tablets.
Enterprises need the power to distribute, manage and secure mobile apps critical to their business on both personal and corporate-owned devices.
IBM® MaaS360® Mobile Application Management simplifies mobile application management by delivering an intuitive enterprise app catalog with robust security and operational lifecycle management of apps.
- Protect enterprise apps with containerization
- Increase employee productivity and satisfaction
- Centrally manage mobile apps with web-based console
- Safely support BYOD
- Reduce risk of sensitive data leakage
- Enforce on-device access control and compliance with policies and regulations
- Perform selective wipe of app catalogand managed apps
- Use granular administrative controls and interactive, graphical reports
- Reduce network load and increase app performance and scalability
Enterprise Application Catalog
- Provide an intuitive, customizable enterprise app catalog for iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices
- Deliver an exceptional user experience
- Instantly help enable users to view available apps, install apps and be alerted to update apps
- Distribute a selection of public and enterprise apps
- Use a protected, web-based console for managing and distributing apps
Mobile Application Lifecycle Management
- Use best practice mobile app management workflows
- Distribute apps and track their installation over-the-air (OTA) to all users, groups of users or individual devices
- Publish app updates
- Reference continuous app inventory reports
- Integration with public app stores such as the Apple App Store, Google Play and Windows Phone Store for seamless workflows.
IBM® MaaS360® Mobile Application Security
- Use a simple app wrapper or Software Development Kit (SDK) as a security add-on to MaaS360 Mobile Application Management
- Authenticate users before accessing apps
- Enforce device compliance checks
- Restrict copy and paste, as well as local and cloud data backups
- Receive near real-time alerts of compliance violations
- App-level tunneling for protected access to corporate data without needing a device VPN
Mobile Application Compliance and Enforcement
- Blacklist, whitelist and set required apps
- Limit native apps on a device (e.g., native browser)
- Restrict access for jailbroken or rooted devices
- Configure automated compliance enforcement actions
- Take instant action through automation or manual intervention
- Block email access, restrict network resources (e.g., no VPN) and perform a remote wipe
- View graphical reports of security and compliance history
Enterprise mobile app container
MaaS360 Mobile Application Management simplifies mobile application management by delivering an easy-touse enterprise app catalog with robust security and operational lifecycle management of apps.
Enterprise application catalog
An intuitive, customizable enterprise app catalog for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
Mobile application lifecycle management
A platform to distribute, update, manage and protect both public and enterprise mobile apps.
MaaS360 Mobile Application Security
A mobile application container for enterprise apps with built-in security management as an optional add-on to MaaS360 Mobile Application Management.
Mobile application compliance and enforcement
Security policies to blacklist, whitelist and require apps. Automated enforcement rules to alert administrators, block email, restrict network resources and perform remote wipes.
IBM® MaaS360® Content Service
An option to host and distribute your enterprise mobile apps on a globally optimized app distribution network.
Volume purchase program
Support for bulk app licenses for employees.
Download the MaaS360 Mobile Application Management Datasheet (PDF).